QLD Solar Rebates – Are you eligible to save?
The solar rebate is a financial incentive for residents of QLD to save on the upfront cost of installing a solar… But will you be eligible for the rebate?
15+ Years Experience
10 Years Warranty
CEC Qualified Installers
What is the QLD Solar Rebate?
The QLD solar rebate is a financial incentive for residents of Queensland that subsidises the upfront cost of installing a solar power system on their homes. The Federal Government Solar Rebate grant puts roughly $3000 back into the pocket of homeowners looking to go green with solar energy.
Is there still a rebate for solar in Queensland?
Yes, there is still a rebate for installing solar in Queensland however, by 2031 the rebate will cease to exist.
What are the current rebates for installing solar in Qld?
If you’re looking to install solar on your home, you’re going to want to know how much you can save with the government rebate. To help make things easier for you, we’ve included a table below that breaks down the purchasing benefits.
Do I qualify for the solar rebate?
If you’re wondering whether or not you qualify for the Queensland solar rebate, please feel free to call our friendly team on 0410 658 790. We’re more than happy to discuss your eligibility with you and provide you with some helpful tips in choosing the right solar installer for the job. We’re currently servicing most of the SEQ region including Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich, Sunshine Coast, as well as Northern NSW.
If you’re in a rush, we’ve included a list of solar rebate qualifying factors below:
- The solar system you’re installing must be smaller than 100kWh.
- You must install a completely new solar unit. This means that you can’t upgrade an existing one.
- The solar power system must be installed by accredited solar installers as recommended by the Clean Energy Council (CEC).
- You can only apply for the solar rebate only. This means if you want to install solar on another property, you won’t be eligible.
Are solar rebates worth it?
If you’re new to solar, taking advantage of the rebate for your solar installation is definitely worth it.
As each year passes, the amount of money rebated to solar customers decreases at roughly 4% a year. By holding off on not installing solar, you’re reducing the amount you’ll receive discounted from your purchase.
Another good reason to utilise the solar rebate in Queensland is that you must choose an CEC-accredited solar installer. With so many ‘cowboy’ installers across the South East Coast, choosing an installer that has been approved by the CEC means that you’re in safe hands.
Here are just a reason benefits of having your solar installed by a CEC-approved company:
- You receive a system performance assessment that provides you with a performance guarantee about the quality of service you’re about to receive.
- The solar company must provide your new solar installation with a standard minimum warranty of five (5) years.
- The solar installers have been trained to help you understand the entire process, including the solar installation and network connection, as well as how to use your solar panels’ app.
- And the most important reason is, you don’t have to worry about unethical and misleading practices that non-approved installers often get caught doing.
Get your QLD Solar Rebate with SolarEze
Now has never been a better time to install solar on your home if you’ve been thinking of taking advantage of the solar rebate before it gets reduced.